NEW YORK, NY -- 03/24/11 -- Paltalk,
the leading real-time, video-based community with over 70 million
downloads, announced today the addition of free calling worldwide, free
SMS functionality and free push notifications for calls to its Vumber Mobile
application. Vumber, which allows iOS device users to place calls
through Wi-Fi or an existing cellular data connection and add multiple
lines to their cell phone, will now also allow for free unlimited
calling and texting worldwide enabling crossover from different carriers
(ie. AT&T to Verizon), Vumber-to-Vumber calling and so on.
App users can now place free worldwide calls and texts from their
iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, to anywhere in the world. Customers are
still required to maintain a carrier plan, but they can limit the amount
of minutes and texts on their plan to save money. The app is available
for free from the iTunes store (http://bit.ly/f54Lpf) and will be available for Android phones and tablets beginning Spring 2011.
are thrilled to be able to offer users the revolutionary ability to
call or text iPhone to iPhone anywhere in the world for free. Users are
becoming increasingly more dependent on text and IM chat to stay in
touch versus the traditional phone call. At Paltalk, we want to
continuously develop innovative ways for consumers to share information
quickly and efficiently while simultaneously keeping the cost as low as
possible," said Jason Katz, CEO, Paltalk. "We were able to allow users
the freedom to make phone calls anywhere and anytime in the world with
the launch of the Vumber app earlier this year and the addition of the
free text function only furthers their ability to stay in touch with
business associates, friends, and family."
Major features of the Vumber Mobile app include:
- Turn your iPod or iPad into a phone - Use your iPod / iPad / iPhone as a phone from any Wi-Fi connection, from any location in the world.
- Free unlimited calling worldwide, across any carrier - Users can call iPhone to iPhone, Vumber to Vumber, AT&T to Verizon etc. anywhere in the world for free.
- SMS Functionality - Text one person or groups of people at a time for free from any of the virtual numbers stored.
- Multiple Lines -
With Vumber you can add as many numbers as you would like to your
account. Once you've done this -- it's as simple as pressing the phone
icon to choose which number people see when you call them.
- Push Notification Feature - This feature now allows for the notification of a call to be pushed through to users who have their Vumber app closed.
- Wi-Fi & 3G calling - Stop worrying about bad reception and don't waste your cell plan minutes. Instead, dial with your Vumber in hotspots.
- Easy access to voicemail - Simply dial 1 from the app for instant access to your voice messages.
- Visual Speed Dial - View speed dial contacts in an easy-to-use grid. Add a picture to each one for a quick and intuitive interface.
- Social Networks - Easily update social network channels like Twitter through the app via SMS.
a virtual, disposable phone number service that lets subscribers choose
an additional phone number that can be linked to any existing phone.
This allows customers to make calls and texts while maintaining the
privacy of their phone numbers. Vumber is often used by small businesses
that need to have separate lines for business and personal calls, but
rather than having two cell phones can now have multiple numbers on a
single device. Paltalk acquired the company in November 2009.
For more information about the Vumber Mobile Application, please visit: http://www.vumber.com.
is the premier provider of software and technology for real-time, rich
media, interactive social networking. The Paltalk platform powers the
largest collection of video-based communities and has continued to grow
since it was launched in 1998. Paltalk now boasts millions of active
members with nearly 100,000 people simultaneously chatting in rooms
engaged in lively dialogues, meeting new friends, singing karaoke and
attending family reunions.
has a long history of technical innovation. Paltalk owns 13 patents
that cover core technology related to multiplayer online video games and
video conferencing. Paltalk supports IM pals on Facebook, Google Talk,
MSN, AOL, Yahoo, and ICQ and is available as a free download.
For more information, please visit: http://www.paltalk.com.